trainingNeed your boating license?

If you operate any motorized recreational watercraft in Canada you are required to obtain a Pleasure Craft Operator Card*, commonly known as the PCOC.

Our National Organization The Canadian Power and Sail Squadrons offers the PCOC online.  Check out




The Calgary Power and Sail Squadron offers courses for beginner and experienced boaters.  To find out what courses are currently scheduled in Calgary go to .

Don't see what you are looking for?  Contact our Squadron Training Officer at: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.  

With your input we can plan our upcoming fall and winter course schedule to meet your needs.

Our boating courses follow the National Canadian Power and Sail squadrons curriculum and course materials.

To see their full suite of possible course offerings go to


In Calgary Navigation courses are offered in class by our instructors in the fall and winter sessions:

Offerings may consist of:

Boating 2 - Beyond the PCOC ( Beyond Boating Basics)

Boating 3 - Introduction to Marine Navigation

Boating 4 - Near shore Marine Navigation Level 1

Boating 5 - Near shore Marine Navigation Level 2

Boating 6 - Offshore Marine Navigation including Intro to Celestial Navigation

Maritime radio - Preparation for the 'Restricted Operator Certificate (Maritime) with Digital Selective Calling Endorsement' exam.

It is also possible to challenge the Maritime radio examination after self-study of the course material.